View Printable Page
Our lawyers can assist in the creation, acquisition, management, growth, expansion, reorganization, sale and wind-up of private corporations, public companies, joint ventures and limited partnerships of all types and sizes.
Our clients turn to us for assistance at all stages of the business life cycle. They benefit from thoughtful and cost-effective legal advice on corporate transitions, including the purchase, sale and financing of businesses.
McLennan Ross has the expertise to assist you with complicated public and private offerings, compliance work, debt and equity financing, real estate syndications and institutional loans. In addition, more and more businesses are relying on McLennan Ross for prosecution of trademark applications and advice on protection of trademark assets and copyright matters. Intellectual property assets are increasingly important factors in a business's success.
Taxation issues arising from legal matters can often be mitigated through appropriate action. Our team includes taxation lawyers with the expertise to assist in the income tax issues arising in commercial transactions.
McLennan Ross is ranked by Best Lawyers in Canada as the #1 firm for Corporate Law in the Northwest Territories. For further details please click here.
|Darren Becker, Q.C.||email@example.com|
|Ray Hupfer, CAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bill Rosser, Q.C.||email@example.com|
- Acting for public and private companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions, including with respect to assets and companies in the energy industry
- Acting for a number of public companies with respect to both public offerings and going private transactions
- Acting for a number of public companies with respect to Board governance and continuous disclosure obligations
- Representing the Board of Directors of a major public income trust with respect to the reorganization of the assets of the trust
- Advising Boards of Directors for both public and private companies on governance matters
- Acting for a number of major contractors on commercial issues with respect to the development of Alberta's oil sands industry
- Representing major residential condominium developers in the financing and development of large residential condominium projects
- Acting for several of Alberta's largest private construction companies in respect of a variety of corporate and commercial matters
- Acting for a member of a consortium developing Alberta's first public private partnership for the construction and operation of public transportation infrastructure
- Acting for parties with respect to the purchase and sale of oil and gas assets, including pipelines, production wells, gas plants and disposal facilities
- Acting for parties with respect to the purchase/ sale and development of commercial real estate
- Representing public utilities on offerings of debt securities to both the public and private markets
- Representing electric utilities on joint venture development of generating and transmission assets in Alberta and the Northwest Territories
- Acting to establish a provincial joint-venture template to be utilized by Alberta's Regional Health Authorities and groups of primary care physicians to assist in providing new and novel health care to Albertans
- Acting for a leading Alberta university on business, commercial and development matters