Tara has appeared at all levels of court in Alberta and in the Federal Court of Canada and her broad practice includes:
- Investment - defending advisors and the houses that support them in claims like breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and negligence (under professional errors & omissions policies).
- Insurance - representing clients in the areas of:
- Commercial General Liability risk insurance.
- Directors’ and officers’ liability, fiduciary liability and professional negligence.
- National insurers and corporations in the capacity of claims and coverage counsel (related to a variety of commercial general liability issues).
- Claims arising from employee theft and fraud, representing insurers involved in Financial Institutions Bond and Commercial Crime Policies.
- Directors & Officers Liability - acting as both defence counsel in relation to claims brought against directors and officers and as coverage and monitoring counsel.
- Litigation - including breach of contract litigation, construction litigation and arbitrations regarding homeowner vs. builder disputes; she has represented corporations and individuals from various industries in negligence and breach of contract litigation and homeowners and builders in arbitrations under the Alberta New Home Warranty Program.
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- MSc., University of Alberta
- BSc., University of Alberta
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Insurance Section
- Commercial Litigation Section
- Edmonton Bar Association