Webinar: The Opening of Schools in Alberta Post COVID-19: Legal, Safety and Practical Planning Concerns08-May-20
School authorities are currently preparing response plans for the return of employees and students to their schools. Given their significant legislated duties to ensure teachers and staff return to work safely, this is no small challenge.
Please join McLennan Ross and its industry subject matter guests to discuss with authorities how to identify and effectively manage the risk associated with the reopening of schools in Alberta in the COVID-19 context, including:
- Discussion of the legal and health and safety obligations to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 in your schools
- Teacher, staff and student rights
- Best practices for:
- recalling employees to work in both unionized and non-union workplaces
- ensuring employee and student safety
- effective management of work refusals
- avoiding workplace grievances
- Establishing and following policies and procedures to address and mitigate COVID-19 risks in your schools
- Developing continuity of learning plans for students with disabilities
- Avoiding discrimination claims.
Who should attend: This webinar is designed for Superintendents of Schools, Secretary Treasurers, Central Office Personnel, School Board Trustees, in-house counsel, human resources, labour relations, operations, and safety professionals.
Date: May 8, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Cost: Free registration