Webinar: Déja Vu? Navigating WCB’s Human Rights Requirements15-Jul-20
Employers are generally required to adhere to human rights requirements, including the accommodation of employees who have work restrictions due to a disability. The Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board enforces similar accommodation requirements with respect to employers who have workers with workplace injuries. But what does this mean from a WCB perspective? What requirements does the WCB have and how can employers address them? When does the WCB duty to reinstate apply?
Some of the topics that will be explored include:
- General application and exceptions.
- WCB’s reinstatement requirement and deemed discrimination for certain terminations.
- WCB’s duty to accommodate requirement.
- Interaction of WCB and human rights in these areas and risk of duplicate proceedings.
- Best practices and practical advice.
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel, and human resources, labour relations, operations and safety professionals
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Cost: $50 per registration link