OHS Act Amendments: Workplace Violence, Harassment and the Obligation to Protect Worker Well-Being15-May-18
On June 1, 2018, employers and other work site parties will be statutorily obligated under the new Alberta OHS Act to take steps to protect the psychological and social well-being of workers, including protecting them from violence and harassment. This is will be the new workplace reality for most employers in Alberta, requiring them to anticipate and adapt accordingly.
Join David Myrol, Dan Bokenfohr and James Lingwood for the second complimentary webinar in our series of webinars designed to assist clients and friends of the firm adjust to this new era of workplace safety.
Topics covered by this webinar include:
- Harassment obligations for employers and workers.
- What qualifies as harassment - what harassment looks like.
- Different types of harassment.
- Employer techniques for minimizing harassment in the workplace.
- Employer techniques for handling and responding to allegations of harassment in the workplace.
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel and labour relations, human resources, operations and safety professionals.
Date: Tuesday, May 15
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. MST