Managing Termination Risks30-May-17
Terminating employees can present employers with a myriad of legal and practical risks which can have costly and long-lasting impacts on an employer. Tom Ross and Steven Dollansky will discuss ways in which employers can manage these risks when bringing an employment relationship to an end.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- The duty of good faith and fair dealing at time of dismissal
- How to handle terminations for just cause
- Pre-dismissal suspensions
- Without cause terminations and notice obligations
- Human Rights considerations
- Practical considerations surrounding employee dignity
- Dismissal documentation and settlement proposals
- Factors undermining the validity of settlement agreements and releases
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel and labour relations, human resource, operations and finance professionals.
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Time: Noon - 1:30 pm MT
Cost: $50 per registration link