Keeping Marijuana Off The Job13-Jun-17
With the use of medical marijuana increasing dramatically and the federal government planning to broadly legalize the possession of marijuana by July 2018, it is crucial for employers to understand how this changing landscape is likely to impact the manner in which they are able to prevent marijuana use from negatively impacting the workplace. An awareness of recent decisions and overarching human rights and privacy principles provides employers with the best opportunity to assess liability and minimize risk.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
• The latest developments in the regulation of marijuana use and possession
• Workplace impacts of marijuana use
• Strategies to maintain a safe and productive workplace
• The legal parameters of drug testing programs
• Accommodation triggers and best practices
• Workplace ramifications of marijuana legalization
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel and labour relations, human resources, operations and safety professionals.
Date: Tuesday, June 13
Time: Noon - 1:30 pm MDT
Cost: $50 per registration link