Drafting Sound and Enforceable Employment Agreements: Alberta and the North21-Mar-17
Having a written employment agreement is an often ignored best practice for non-union employers. A written agreement is a critical risk management tool if it properly sets out duties, rights and expectations both during the employment relationship and after it ends. Legally sound employment contracts are fundamental to managing expectations and to provide certainty for both the employer and employee about entitlements owed at termination. Putting terms in writing at the beginning of the relationship avoids arguing about what terms should have been there at the end.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Why have an employment agreement?
- Common employer errors that can make employment agreements unenforceable
- What happens if you don't have an employment agreement?
- What needs to be included in an employment agreement?
- Specific industry provisions
- Specific northern provisions
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel and labour relations, human resource, operations and finance professionals.
Date: Wednesday, April 26th
Time: Noon - 1:30 pm MDT
Cost: $50 per registration link